Borrowing limits, making requests, and renewing items are detailed below.
The Mt. Zion District Library offers our collection to be checked out by people with a valid library card at no charge, as long as items are returned back on or before the due date. For those desiring to obtain a library card from the Mt. Zion District Library, you must meet all requirements ( see Your Library Card) and complete a simple registration form. There is no initial registration fee.
We offer drop boxes outside the main doors for returning materials after library hours. The drop boxes are checked before the library opens. Items returned prior to opening are considered returned on the previous day's date.
Listed below are the materials we offer, the limit of how many you may check out, how long you may keep them before renewal or return, and the overdue fees incurred for items not returned on or before the due date:
- Books, Audiobooks, and Magazines: There are no limits as to the number of these items that may be checked out per card. These items check out for a period of three weeks and incur a late fee of $.05 per day per item for those items returned after the due date.
- Music Compact Discs: This item is limited to five per library card at one time. These may be checked out for a period of 3 weeks and incur a late fee of $.05 per day per item for those items returned after the due date.
- DVDs/Video Casettes: These items are limited to five DVDs library and unlimited videos per card at one time. These may be checked out for a period of one week and incur a late fee of $.50 per day for those items returned after the due date.
- Video Games: These items are limited to one per card and check out for one week at a time. The overdue fine is $1.00 per day.
- Lost or damaged items require the cost of replacement.
- Kindles are checked out for three weeks and incur a late fee of $5 per day for each day after the due date.
Items may be requested through the shared database system (SHARE). Your library card number and the assigned PIN are required to place any requests. You may also contact the staff with your library card number to have them place a request for you.
Renewing Your Borrowed Items
Items may be renewed three times if the items are not overdue and there are no requests for them. You may renew by logging into your account on the shared database system (SHARE) or through the library staff. Your library card number and PIN # are needed to renew items using the database.